Lower carbon emissions, greater productivity: 3D construction printing is revolutionising the future of construction.
Umdasch Group Ventures will be presenting the innovative method of 3D construction printing at bauma 2022
The construction industry is facing major challenges. Time pressure, lower budgets, a shortage of skilled workers and the scarcity of resources are the challenges that increase the complexity of construction projects – not to mention the need for greater productivity and environmental protection. Umdasch Group Ventures is developing what the construction industry of the future needs – innovative construction methods, state-of-the-art technologies and future-oriented solutions that enable the digitalisation of the entire construction life cycle. The new 3D construction printing system from Umdasch Group Ventures helps to produce high-quality concrete elements more efficiently and using less resources.
3D printing is a familiar technology within the field of consumer goods. Virtually anything – for example, toys, tableware and medical supplies – can be printed in 3D using diverse materials. So why not print sophisticated concrete components for the construction of bridges, tunnels and other types of building? The new 3D construction printer from Umdasch Group Ventures does just that by printing complex concrete elements straight from digital construction plans. The unique feature of this solution is that it enables complex elements to be printed quickly, directly on the construction site – without compromising on quality. Furthermore, the material- and design-optimised concrete elements are printed using a honeycomb structure. The honeycomb-shaped concrete part dries quicker, which means it can be used quicker. Finally, the 3D construction printer enables local materials to be used in the mix, which is produced exactly when needed. All of this saves time, costs, materials and other valuable resources – not to mention significant amounts of carbon dioxide.
3D concrete printing: Umdasch Group Ventures is developing innovative future technologies
Umdasch Group Ventures is the Future & Innovation Hub of the Umdasch Group. This hub develops innovative solutions from their conception to market readiness. Product development is led by the principles of using resources sparingly, ensuring profitability and delivering environmentally friendly solutions. The ultimate objective is to make construction processes and the construction site as safe, successful and efficient as possible “The digitalisation of construction is the industry’s answer for the future. Our aim is for our innovations to open up the full potential of modularisation and automation on construction sites, as well as digitalisation and data management within the construction sector. To this end, development focuses on the entire construction life cycle,” says COO Johann Peneder, summarising Umdasch Group Ventures’ future-centric approach to development. The revolutionary 3D construction printing will provide testimony to this innovative focus at bauma 2022, which will take place between 24 and 30.10.2022 in Munich. The ground-breaking technology of the digital 3D construction printing system is a prime example of how Umdasch Group Ventures is leading the way into the digitalised construction industry of the future.
Umdasch Group Ventures presents its innovative solutions at bauma 2022
The new 3D construction printer will be showing what it’s capable of on the Umdasch Group Ventures exhibition stand at bauma 2022 in Munich. There will also be a comprehensive programme of events on all trade fair days where industry experts will be giving exciting presentations about construction, digitalisation and sustainability. Alongside its innovative 3D construction printing, Umdasch Group Ventures will also be presenting its new digital construction progress recognition software at bauma. The AI-based system with a 3D computer vision system detects physical objects and people on the construction site and uses 3D technology to deliver valuable information about their location. The companies and holdings of Umdasch Group Ventures will also have an exhibition stand at bauma 2022, presenting their latest solutions for modern construction processes:
- NeoTwin will be presenting its real-estate platform designed to enable constructors, investors and real estate managers to control projects and manage their assets-
- NEULANDT will be presenting its portable precast plant N3P that enables efficient, sustainable and cost-effective construction anywhere in the world, and thereby the creation of affordable living spaces.
- CONTAKT, in association with b.i.m.m, will be presenting the new features of the construction site software Sitelife, designed to enable construction companies, construction managers, foremen and project developers to manage the entire construction process and all subcontractors digitally – from the digging of the foundations to the final handover.
- Concrefy will be presenting its Factory Production Control, an innovative decision support tool that monitors the performance of freshly poured concrete so that both the concrete and its production is more efficient, cost-effective and sustainable.
- Also part of the multinational Umdasch Group and specialised in formwork technology, Doka will be showcasing its range of services on the adjacent stand.